It must have been a hectic 24 hours for the No Man’s Sky team what with all the PC version problems but they are burning the midnight oil.
In an update from Sean Murray this evening, he says they are looking at fixes for older CPUs, a problem that was identified by the community shortly after the game’s release.
A post from Murray reads, “It’s been a very long night, a lot of the team are still here though! We are currently testing fixes for older AMD Phenom CPUs + more :)”
The team has also issued the following post which has more updates on some of the problems.
1. We have updated our support page with some common issues and workaroundshttp://www.no-mans-sky.com/2016/08/pc-support/
2. We have updated the auto response from [email protected] to help suggest common fixes, and help gather better info
3. We have filed tickets for everyone who has mailed support and are responding to them in turn.
4. We have gotten back to a lot of people already, who were trying to run the game significantly below min spec.
5. Additionally your bug reports have shown us a handful of key issues we are working to resolve
We’re pulling an all nighter to get through as many issues as soon as possible. Please try to be nice 🙂
We have been working to get back to people on our three most common crashes on start up:
• Running the game with an Intel card. This is not supported
• No Man’s Sky is an OpenGL 4.5 game, and requires latest drivers on most cards, please update
• VC++ Redist 2010 was not included by default. We have updated in a patch, please restart
We are going to create an experimental branch with hot fixes for these most common known issues:
• Shader Cache issue – means that framerate is initially stuttering on some cards. Whilst it resolves itself over time (~1 hour of play), we will fix this issue in a patch.
• SSE 4 – for CPUs that do not support SSE 4, it is causing the game to crash on boot (some of these area technically below min spec, but we don’t want it to crash!)
• Mouse controls jitter on foot – this caused by a combination of certain resolution and GFX card. A fix is in progress.
Some players who have filed a support ticket will begin to be directed towards the experimental branch whilst we test solutions to these issues.
If your issues are not listed above please do mail [email protected]
There has been numerous workarounds posted for various No Man’s Sky issues since launch but not all work for everyone but if you are still having issues, make sure you read the No Man’s Sky – PC Performance Tweaks and Tips post.